- You forget they are in the house. Now this sounds ridiculous, but when you are usually in the house with the other person, when you are boyfriend/ girlfriend then you try to spend every waking moment with them. When you get married, you are constantly in the house with them and if they are very quiet downstairs and you don’t know where they are, or if they are in, you can get a massive fright.
- You get fed up with your husbands alarm clock. This sounds ridiculous, but if he keeps his alarm the same for years on end it can get VERY annoying. (Sorry babe, but it’s true).
- You never buy pyjamas, you just wear his old shits, boxers etc. for night time wear. Once he doesn’t want his shirt, it’s great for a nightgown.
- Your food miraculously seems to disappear after every shopping trip. You once had chocolate raisins but now suddenly they have vanished and he will just shrug and smile.
- You will become so comfortable that even the really gross stuff won’t bother you. Spots on you back? Sorted. Hairy legs? He won’t care. Trims his nose hairs in the sink. Okay fine that’s really annoying, clean up afterwards!
- Going out to dinner is no longer always a date but can feel like going out with your best friend. You don’t feel the need to be romantic, you just have fun.
- Dates are no longer fancy events. Often dates will be silly things, like going to the supermarket at 2 in the morning because he was really wanting ice cream and you end up playing hide and seek in the isles.
- Ironing never happens unless it is a shirt. NEVER HAPPENS. Way to much effort on both your parts.
- The dishwasher is always used. Who cares if that spatula isn’t meant to go in the dishwasher.
- He becomes you best friend, you sibling and your husband all in one. (I don’t mean incest because that is disgusting.) By sibling I mean in terms of how relaxed you are with him, you trust him with everything. By husband I mean soulmate, because without mine, I wouldn’t be who I am now.